Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Purpose of Nevuah

                In class we learned that a Navi is a person who is a prophet.  A prophet is a person who gives advice to the people and sends messages to the people from G-d. The prophet is supposed to receive a message in the form of a riddle from G-d. The message contains a unique perspective given to us by G-d about certain historical events in our past. The message might also contain messages from G-d about things that the people are doing wrong.
                I think that back then when they had a Navi it meant that they were closer to G-d.  The people had a connection with G-d that we don't have today. I think the reason that we don't have a Navi anymore is because we became less religious and not as thankful for G-d. If we had a Navi today then maybe we could have advice about our army and a warning when we are not following the religious laws. I feel like more people would believe in G-d and there would be less bad people in the world because we would have someone giving us advice on whats good and whats wrong.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with exactly what you said! Having a Navi would make people want to become closer with God and we'd be a much better nation. When Meshiach comes and we have nevuah again, it'll be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Since we don't have a navi today people arent as connected with Hashem as they were when they did have navis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paragraphs :) If we have the Navim, we would have a greater connection to G-d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, but I have a question about your last statement. How could it be that there would be less bad people in the world if there were a navi? Doesn't it say that Bnei Yisrael sinned and behaved arrogantly? Even now, most of the population is arrogant, so it would be even harder for the Navi to convince the people to change their ways. Also, the jewish nation spread out and surrounded by different lifestyles. There are so many beliefs about God's existence so if a Navi warned us about punishment from god, there would be more people denying God's power.

    ReplyDelete