In א:ב-ט, Yishayahu is talking to the nation about their sinning. He asks them why they continue to sin even though they are being punished for their actions. In פסוק ג, Yishayahu speaks about an ox and a donkey and how they recognize their master. Then, it goes on to say that Bnei Yisrael did not know their master, Hashem. We learn that Yishayahu is explaining to the nation that even animals are grateful to their owner, but we don't recognize Hashem and instead, we strayed away from him. In פסוק ט, Yishayahu reminds the people that G-d will never completely destroy the nation. Yishayahu is teaching us that no matter how many times we sin, G-d will keep his promise and leave a remnant.
I loved Yishayahu's idea in פסוק ג about the ox and donkey. Seriously, how can we act lower than animals? It is so sad that Bnei Yisrael continued to sin even after they were being punished. I feel bad for Hashem. He is like giving them everything, but they just ignored him and instead sinned! In JL&F we learned about G-d's presence in everyday life, and how we need to remember that he is always watching. If we don't think about G-d we will stray away like Bnei Yisrael did at this time. I get choked up thinking about how G-d will always leave a remnant no matter what we do. If I were G-d and I was seeing these people disrespect me, I would make them disappear in a second. I would put them Gob's magic disappearing box (AD reference.)
No comments:
Post a Comment