There are three sections to Tanach: Torah, Navi, and Ketuviim. The Torah is compiled of the stories from the creation of the earth to the end of Moshe's life and also the laws given to the Jewish people. It was written by Moshe, who was told by Hashem what to write down. The Navi is a book compiled of messages from Hashem that he told to Jewish people. Various Naviim wrote down certain events and stories from Hashem. The last book is Ketuviim, it is compiled of many views of wisdom from authors and wise people. The authors of this book were very wise people and some may have been prohets even though it is not a book about prophecy.
Out of these three books, I think my favorite would have to be the Torah. Although all of the other books are so interesting, I think Torah is a lot easier to understand and the stories are more interesting. Unlike the Navi and Ketuviim, this book teaches many lessons and it is easier to grasp the information. But if there were any runner-ups, Navi is definitely a close second. I think the stories in this book are also very interesting and I am happy I get to know what happens after the Jews enter the land of Israel.
Torah is my favorite part of the Tanach too!! It's full of so much information that I just love learning every day!!!! Every story in both the Torah and Navi send such strong and inspiring messages. I'm sure I'd love Ketuviim just as much if I knew what it was!
ReplyDelete