From the time of Moshe until the destruction of the second Beit Hamikdash, only the coolest people in town got Nevuah. These were the people that were wise, had an excellent character, self control and were extremely knowledgable. These special people received Nevuah in different ways, depending on their connection to God. It was given through a parable of through a vision where solution suddenly appears to him and he has to interpret on his own. When given a parable, some were given both a parable and a solution, others were given only the parable and some were given just a solution. Moshe, however, received Nevuah face to face because he had a much stronger relationship with God.
I think that by God only choosing certain people to be Neviim, it made the task more holy. People of that time would want to become as close as possible with God so that they could be lucky enough to get a Nevuah. If there were still Nevuahs given out today, I think that more people would be striving to learn as much Tanach as possible so that they could get one too.

I agree with you. I liked when you said that if we have nevuahs today people would be more religious and connected to Hashem.
ReplyDeleteI like how you said only the coolest people in town got Nevuah. But I think that even some losers were Navis because it isn't about how cool you are
ReplyDeleteI think your own opinion is very true. I also agree that if there were still naviim today our world would be a very different place.
ReplyDeleteI strongly agree with your last statement. It seems like nowadays, people aren't inspired to learn and connect to Hashem. We walk around hoping that God will show himself so we don't ever have to doubt our beliefs. In the times of the Naviim, I feel like the many people that wanted this prestigious position in society would have been more connected to God. Without Nevuah in the modern world, no ordinary person wants to devote their time, because we won't be rewarded.
ReplyDelete