Yishiahu asked Hashem 'how long will my mission be?'. He had to tell the people about their punishment. The Jewish people were being punished because they were sinning. Hashems response was saying until destruction has occurred. He said 'until all the cities are destroyed, houses are without people, land is desolate and the people are exiled. At that time, 1/10th of the people will remain like the withered leaves of an oak tree.' He should continue until they do teshuvah.
I admire the commitment here, I would love to take on that trait. I learned from this to fight for what you believe in even if you are standing alone. Yishiahu was told to not give up, this was his glimmer of hope. Everyone needs that little bit of hope to carry on with life. We shouldn't give up and hold on to our dreams and keep to it. If you have hope, it can happen.
I agree. Had Yeshayahu given up on the people, the outcome could've been much worse. I admire his commitment as well and think everyone can learn from him.
ReplyDelete