A lesson we can all learn from Yishiahu is balance. Many people have a hard time with self-confidence and also not gloating. Not being proud of yourself is a horrible thing and effects your whole life. On the other hand, bragging and being over-confident can become annoying and it puts other people down. So how do we merge the two together? Learn from Yishiahu! He is truly a role model when he says he is impure but ready for the job. So, lets all lift our heads up and smile - because we all deserve to be confident - in moderation.
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Confidence is Key
In Pesukim Hay through Ches speaks about Yishiahu's response to the vision and acceptance to be the Novi for the Jews. He said 'Woe is me, I just saw G-d and I am impure and I live in impure nation.' He is confessing that he is not perfect and being humble. The angle then takes hot coal and touches it to his mouth saying it will purify Yishiahu's sins and purify him. Later, G-d asks "Who should I send?" he replies "I'm here, send me." We see here the confidence of Yishiahu. He took on the responsibly of being the Novi and was sure of himself. He has a great combination of personality traits that we can all learn from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you have made a very nice point. No one likes the person who is over confident and thinks he is the best, but also no one ever gets to know an under confident person. This is why we need to have the balance. We need to be humble with ourselves but at the same time we need to learn to be satisfied with ourselves.
ReplyDelete