In class, we learned about the ideal society by looking in Sefer Devarim. Sefer Devarim gives a detailed description of the "Ideal World" in gods eyes. We worked with partners to brainstorm what would Hashem want according to each element of society. When finished brainstorming we learned that we were pretty close to the values mentioned in Sefer Devarim. After learning what God expected we could see what aspects of the "Ideal World" were most relevant in our lives. Unfortunately, we aren't able to perform each one of these values, but we still recognized them as being important in setting up a religious society during the times of the Beit Hamikdash.
While ranking these values by importance, I realized how impractible it is to be an "Ideal World" these days, because of our corrupt world. We are so diverse and spread out all over the world. We have no regard for the one above us. We learned later that Bnei Yisrael were justifying their sins. I relate that to people nowadays, and I realize that even today I will even do that. Sometimes, we don't want to feel bad for what we did, so we try and tell ourselves that God will be okay with it because of some bizarre excuse. How can we deny the power of God? How did it come to this? I see a repeat of the actions of Bnei Yisrael, and it scares me. I don't mean that we will change overnight, but I do think that the first step is one person, me, realizing that our world has come to this.
No comments:
Post a Comment