In perek Hay, we see several sins of the people. Two stood out to me. The first is the wealthy people that go from house to house and field to field and take the houses and fields just because they're so powerful. The punishment for those wealthy people is that those houses and fields that they take for themselves will be desolate and won't bear crops. The second sin of the people was committed by the hedonistic people. Those people didn't have a regard for Hashem and didn't see the great things that He has done for them. The punishment of those haughty people was that they would become completely humbled and not even have enough food or drink.
These two stood out to me because both of the punishments were Midah Kineged Midah. Our legal system is in a way similar to this religious legal system. If you murder someone, you can likely be sentenced to a death sentence. If you steal something from someone, and get caught, you will have to pay back and give extra to the person you stole from. A while ago, I through an ice cube at someone and a few minutes later, I tripped on an ice cube. All of these example have something in common with the punishments back in the time of Yishyahu.



I was there when this incident happened, in fact I was the victim who had ice thrown at her. THIS IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE
ReplyDelete