In perek 6 we hear of a nevuah that Yishayahu has. It is a vision of G-d sitting on a chair above the beit hamikdash with six angels surrounding him. Each angel has six wings, one to cover their eyes, the other to cover their feet, and the other were used to fly. Each one is calling out to each other while the walls/pillars of the beit hamikdash shake and smoke came out from it. One angel came down to Yishayahu with a hot coal, he pressed it to his mouth to purify Yishayahu from his sins. There is a bit of controversy on whether this was Yishayahu's first nevuah or was just a change to his mission to save the Jewsih people.
When we first learned this I thought that it was not Yishayahu's first Nevuah and I still don't think this. At the beginning of his nevuah he says "woe is me" most people think he says because it is his first time seeing Hashem, but how do you not know that it is because the Beit Hamikdash was shaking and their was smoke coming out of it. There are others things to contribute to this but I think one example is enough. Not everyone will agree, but this is how I feel. :D
I am actually in the middle with this controversy, but I really like how you explained the side you were on. The shaking and smoking symbolizes the Beit Hamikdash being destroyed,and Yeshayahu was probably very surprised if this is what he interpreted it as.
ReplyDeleteI think you give a great argument here and I agree. Seeing a building shake must've been terrifying for him and that could be the reason why he said "woe is me." I wish there was a way to know for sure exactly what happened.
ReplyDelete