Thursday, May 9, 2013

Peeps be bad

Chezkiahu was a conflicted guy. He was the greatest guy at one point and he was as unfaithful as can be years later. He started out by trying to make himself and all of the Jewish faithful to G-d. He removed the Bamot and refurbished the Beit HaMikdash. The problem was that the people were still treating each other disrespectfully and G-d began to hate them.

These pasukim really emphasize the importance of Mitzvot Bein Adam LiChaveiro. The people gave korbanot and were faithful to G-d and did the Mitzvot Bein Adam LiMakom; however, they didn't keep the Mitzvot Bein Adam LiChaveiro and G-d hated them. People today still need to realize how important the Mitzvot Bein Adam LiChaveiro are. I recently read an article about a Jewish rabbi who was extremely religious who completely embarrassed a young girl for not dressing appropriately at a Bat Mitzvah. That's the kind of person that G-d doesn't like.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this place! I feel like I'm back on the tour! Yay for 1 shekal flashlights!!

    ReplyDelete