Saturday, August 25, 2012

Navi- The Effect of Distraction

In this week's Navi class, we discussed the corruption of the kings throughout history. As we delved deeper into the topic, we realized that all the kings' fates were not in their favor. Shlomo received the harshest punishment and his kingdom was split after his death. I would like to ask the following question. "Why did Shlomo not realize when he had reached the limit of corruption, for he was such a wise man?" I would like to suggest the following answer. Shlomo was distracted. He was distracted by his many wives, by his splendor and great wealth. I don't believe that Shlomo was haughty, but when we get distracted, unfortunately we do not always resume our place on the right path. Maybe Shlomo took advantage of his everlasting kingdom and assumed he would have it forever. This is an important message for us. In today's world, we get very distracted by our surroundings. We need to learn to place these distractions aside and focus on our top priority, becoming closer and more Kadosh to Hashem.

No comments:

Post a Comment